Zachary and I had a GREAT day on Saturday. We had lots and lots to do and not a lot of time to get it all done. He woke up before I did and instead of running into my room and waking me up (which he hasn't done for awhile now), he stayed in his room playing his new WWE wrestling game on his PS2. He absolutely loves, loves, loves this game, which he's only had less than a week now (he even bought it with his own money), and he has played it at least 5,553 times already! I finally got up and around, took a shower, ran a load of laundry and dishes, checked my e-mail and caught up on the daily events in the world via Internet.
So, we're finally getting outta the house at about 10:15am, and I took Z to only the finest children's dining in the world--McDonald's!!! He got his canadian bacon and cheese biscuit and small Dr. Pepper, while I opted for the large caramel iced coffee. We get it to go, happily partaking of our Mickey D's along I-40.
Every song the radio was playing on our drive was wonderful-something that both of us liked. Zachary turns to me and says, "Mom, this is starting out to the the BEST DAY EVER! And I think it's just gonna keep on getting better and better!" All the while he's saying this, I'm silently cussing out horrible drivers, and thinking that I sure hope this day does get better, because right now, it's not so great with these people in front of me who think they need to drive 45 mph down the highway just because it's drizzling.
We finally arrived at Barnes and Noble to peruse the children's book section for just the right books for our sweet nephew/cousin G, who's 3rd birthday party we were going to later on that night. We found a few books, and then dilly-dallied around the rest of the store looking for something for us. We found Travel Boggle--a game that I LOVE and that Z hasn't ever played yet. I thought that would be perfect for our upcoming road trip next month, so we added that to purchase along with G's books.
After B&N, we went to Lakeshore Learning Store--a store that I love, and would love even more if I were a teacher. I could totally spend a TON of money in there! While Z looked at an anatomy display and played with all the internal organs that you can pop out of the skeletal dummy, I looked around the rest of the store and found a big floor puzzle featuring constuction equipment, that I thought G would also love to play with.
We decided that we needed some lunch, so Z decided that since we were in the area, that we should go to Mamasita's (my absolute favorite Mexican restaurant). I agreed, but as we drove down the street, I intentionally passed Mamasita's and Z looked at me, quizzically asked me why I passed the restaurant, and I smiled at him slyly. He got totally wide-eyed, and said, "SUSHI NEKO???!!!" He figured it out. I wanted to surprise him and take him to our favorite sushi restaurant, since we can only go there when it's just me and him (Brian has tried it, but does NOT like sushi). We got there and they led us to THE table! The special table where you have to take your shoes off and sit on pillows--we've never been able to sit there before, so it was quite a treat! :) We had a great meal, great conversation, and we couldn't be happier.
One last stop before we went home--the dreaded Wal-Mart trip. :( Luckily, we only needed a couple things, so we were in and out of there in no time. We got home, wrapped G's gift, and unwrapped the Travel Boggle game. We played about 10 rounds of it & had a blast! I'm hoping this game will help him think about things a little bit quicker in all aspects of his life, like when he's playing offensive line in his football games, or when he's answering multiplication/division problems in school, or when I ask him if he's finished with his chores/homework/bedtime routine.
After our intense Boggle-Battle, we were all off to Incredible Pizza for G's party! So much fun! Z had a blast, especially when he got to ride the "race cars". G had a great time playing games, opening his gifts, and playing with his whole family.
On the way home after an extremely long day, Z tells us that it had been "The Perfect Day", that it doesn't get much better than McDonald's, sushi, Incredible Pizza, shopping and good music packed into a single day. And I think he's exactly right!
G's Inventions
16 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment